In 2008, the University of Munich introduce the online portal Lehre, Studium, Forschung (LSF) ('Teaching, Studying, Researching'); it replaced the course management system Webinfo. Many new BA and MA programs have been integrated into LSF during the so-called "Bologna reforms", which introduced the Bachelor/Master system in German universities.
LSF serves as a means of collecting and presenting data of courses and bundling them into a course catalogue. The system support students as well as faculty staff in planning and administering courses.
Students can use the following functions:
- information about courses available at LMU Munich
- comfortable scheduling
- online registration for courses, including priorisation of preferred classes
- download of course material
- online registration for exams
- accessing your current transcript of records
- information about courses of studies, classes and lecturers as well as the organisational structure of LMU Munich
|Please note that these functions are not necessarily available for all courses of studies. Please conact the acadmic counsellor and or coordinator of studies of your respective program.|
Every faculty uses LSF as an online course catalogue where you can find information about every course (place, time, lecturer, etc.).
In the following faculties, LSF is also used as a means for students to register for courses and exams (particularly in modularised BA, MA and teacher training programs):
- Faculty 01: Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty 02: Faculty of Protestant Theology
- Faculty 09: Faculty of History and the Arts
- Faculty 10: Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and Religious Studies
- Faculty 11: Faculty of Psychology and Educations Sciences
- Faculty 12: Faculty of Cultural Sciences
- Faculty 13: Faculty of Languages and Literatures
- Faculty 15: Faculty of Social Sciences
Other faculties (e.g. Faculty of Physics, Faculty of Law) have started using LSF for course registration.